During Term 4 each year, students from Year 5 are invited to take part in nominations for school leader positions.
There are 2 Captain and 2 Vice Captain positions which can be filled by any combination of boy/girl numbers. Students and staff will vote for four leaders. The top two votes become Captains. The third and fourth highest votes become Vice Captains.To stand for nomination, a student needs to have:
- A good behaviour record (e.g. Seldom but preferably never on a behaviour level this year)
- Shown school spirit and been a good role model (eg represented the school at academic/sporting events when there has been an opportunity, taken part in at least some extra activities that the school has offered)
- Been punctual and have a good attendance record
- An ability to speak clearly and with some confidence
- Parent permission and Principal approval.
- When the parent permission slip is returned with all three signatures, students are instantly nominated. They then have until Friday 2 December to prepare a speech that they will deliver on the same day at a 9.00am assembly.
Campaigning is limited to a single poster up to A3 size in the school. â€œHow to voteâ€ tickets, special offers and similar means of attracting votes are not allowed.
The results of the voting will be announced to the candidates prior to publication in Mondayâ€™s School Enews. The new school leaders will be inducted at Presentation Day (Wednesday 7 December) where they will also receive their badge from the outgoing 2016 leaders.
Additional application forms are available for download here.