Get #FirstDay2021 ready for the new school year
From the department
21 Jan 2021
Be prepared for the new school year with our back to school tips and tools.
The start of a new school year can be both an exciting and demanding time for parents and students alike.
Our parents and carers Back to school hub can help you prepare for the year ahead with practical articles, tools, activities, calendars and checklists so you and your child can be ready from day1, term 1.
Find out about our COVID-safe school guidelines, download fun activity sheets to complete with your child, read about our health and wellbeing resources and more.
If your child is starting kindergarten, check out our starting school guide for everything you need to know from enrolment to what to expect throughout your child’s first school year.
Video – #FirstDay2021
Duration – 0:49
- Schools Spectacular remixed for television03 Dec 2020
- Supporting effective learning at school and home with the ‘What Works Best: 2020 update’03 Dec 2020
- Supporting effective learning at school and home with the ‘What Works Best: 2020 update’27 Nov 2020
- School Updates App – be prepared for any emergency16 Nov 2020
- Join in the virtual NAIDOC Week celebrations09 Nov 2020
- 2021 term dates now available29 Oct 2020
- #MathsTrainsBrains for the future27 Oct 2020
- Have your before and after school care needs changed?31 Jul 2020
- Updates to COVID-19 restrictions affecting NSW schools21 Jul 2020