Year 7 2021 Online Applications Open
Applications for Year 7 entry to a selective high school are completed and submitted online. The link to the form is available only while applications are open, from 8 October 2019 until 11 November 2019 for entry in 2021.
Steps to apply
All applicants must complete the following steps to apply for Year 7 entry to a NSW selective high school. .
Go to the selective high school placement application online when applications are open. Follow the instructions for applying.
- First register by entering a valid email address in the online form – do not use a student’s email address. If emails are suspected of belonging to students, they will be disabled and correspondence will be sent by mail.
- You will receive an email with your password for the online application.
- Return to the application, go to Login and log in using your email address and the password.
- If you lose the password, go to Login and enter your email address and click on ‘Forgotten password’ to get a new email. Earlier passwords will be cancelled.
- Complete your contact details.
- Record the names of two parents if the second parent might contact the Team or make decisions about the application. Where parents live at different addresses but have equal responsibility for the care of the child, only the parent with whom the child lives most of the time, (or if equal time, the child is living with at the time of application) should submit the application. If the other parent requires a copy of system-generated correspondence, he/she can send a request with contact details to the Team.
- Enter any information about disabilities, including medical or behavioural conditions, and disability test provisions if required.
- Follow the steps on each page to complete the placement application.
- Choose up to three selective high schools. Choose the selective high schools in the order of preference.
- To leave the application before it is finished select ‘Log off’ and close your browser. You will need to log in again when you return.
- When you have completed your application click ‘Submit’. Make a note of the student application number shown on the screen.
- Check your email for the confirmation.
- Use the internet at a public library if you do not have access at home. If you don’t use email, set up a web-based email account such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or similar. Use that account to register to apply. In the contact details of the application you can select ‘by mail’ so future communication will be sent by post. Check your new email account for the confirmation email straight after submitting the application. Check the spam or junk folder as well as the In box.
Contact the High Performing Students Team for assistance if you have a disability that prevents you from using a computer.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to ensure you receive correspondence from the High Performing Students Team. Also check your spam or junk folder regularly in case your email provider sent the emails there.