School Plan 2015
Our 2015 school plan was developed in response to a situational analysis conducted at the end of 2014. The strategic directions of Attendance, Literacy and the Australian Curriculum were formulated through extensive consultation and data analysis.
- Data indicates that attendance levels are consistently below the state average.
- This impacts on student learning and social confidence, resulting in a lack of continuity in students’ education.
- Regular attendance will enable students to bridge gaps in their knowledge and provide them with the opportunities to achieve their full potential.
- School and NAPLAN data shows that while there is now growth occurring between years 3 and 5, the school is still under-represented in the proficient bands.
- Spelling, writing, grammar and punctuation have been identified as areas of greatest need.
- Proficient skills in all areas of literacy will enable students to access all curriculum areas.
- Implementation of the NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum in Mathematics began in 2014. A revised school scope and sequence plan will ensure that all aspects are covered effectively from 2015
- The implementation of the new Science and History curricula has the potential to reinvigorate these areas and enhance student engagement.
- Collaborative professional development and resource acquisition will assist the school with full implementation of the Australian Curriculum.